Milwaukee-based Roundy’s, owner of Mariano’s grocery stores, said Monday it is buying 11 Dominick’s stores in the Chicago area.
The deal is worth $36 million. The stores are expected to be converted into Mariano’s within a month or two after the deal closes, expected in mid-December.
Mariano’s currently has 13 locations in the Chicago area.
875 E Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53202, United States
1900 S Cumberland Ave, Park Ridge, IL, 60068, United States
Western Springs, IL, United States
3145 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL, 60608, United States
2021 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL, 60622, United States
1822 Willow Rd, Winnetka, IL, 60093, United States
3020 Wolf Rd, Westchester, IL, 60154, United States
450 Half Day Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089, United States
5201 N Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL, 60640, United States
6655 Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL, 60031, United States
3025 E New York St, Aurora, IL, 60504, United States
950 Brook Forest Ave, Shorewood, IL, 60404, United States
Besides the 13 Mariano’s locations, there are five currently under construction that are expected to open next year.
Mariano’s said it will finance the deal with debt and suspend its quarterly dividend so that it can use that cash to grow the business.
The locations being purchased are:
• Park Ridge: 1900 S. Cumberland Ave.
• Western Springs: No. 14 Garden Market Street
• Chicago: 3145 S. Ashland Ave.
• Chicago: 2021 W. Chicago Ave.
• Northfield: 1822 Willow Rd.
• Westchester: 3020 S. Wolf Rd.
• Buffalo Grove: 450 Half Day Rd.
• Chicago: 5201 N. Sheridan Rd.
• Gurnee: 6655 Grand Ave.
• Aurora: 3025 E. New York St.
• Shorewood: 950 Brook Forest Ave.